At The Horniman Museum and Gardens Pavilion
| 10 am – 1 pm | on 8 consecutive Thursdays |
Thursday 7th April, Thursday 14th April, Thursday 21st April, Thursday 28th April,
Thursday 5th May, Thursday 12th May, Thursday 19th May, Thursday 26th May
In partnership with the Horniman Museum and Gardens this 8-week course, delivered outdoors in the grounds of the museum, fuses together recovery and wellbeing with loving our planet. It will show us how we can all play our part in the climate emergency and have improved personal wellbeing as a result. Students will explore how care for nature and sustainable growth can support your and our planet’s wellbeing. You will spend time connecting with nature in the gardens, touching museum objects, learning about soil and native trees, sharing environmental stories in nature, and learning from other cultures about their relationships to nature. Students will also be encouraged to explore biodiversity in city spaces and take back seeds and ideas to grow in their own homes.
The course culminates in the group creation of an audio exhibit that provides positive environmental influence and legacy for the museums’ visitors for years to come. Previous projects have led to a curated box of touch objects and a downloadable trail: https://www.horniman.ac.uk/story/mindful-journeys-at-the-horniman/
- There are extremely limited places on this course so we request that students considering booking must be available for 7 out of the 8 sessions to participate. If you are unable to make the minimum sessions, please leave the place for another student.
- All students are required to support the museum and Recovery College with a well-being questionnaire both pre and post course. This is to show our funders any impact the project might have.
Express your interest in this course here: https://forms.office.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx?id=SuTPoS5olUqOctA7m1iHqgmyKPB4GLVHori7bpbnOyxUM0lGUklLNUtRT0RBMTVVQ0U1RFlLUTU0USQlQCN0PWcu
At The Comedy School, Camden
This is a four-part course on Thursdays from 10:30am to 3:30pm
Thursday 28th April, Thursday 5th May, Thursday 12th May, and Thursday 19th May
As a follow on to the very popular Improvisation, Stand Up and Podcasting courses, The Comedy School are offering this exciting new course to support people to develop confidence and wellbeing through the performing arts. Over the four days you will be taught the fundamental basics of classic mime principles. Techniques taught will include: The wall, manipulating objects, walking in the wind, the mime walk, the moon walk, robotics, fixed space, fixed objects, pushing and pulling, point of focus and the French pantomime. This workshop is designed for people who have very little to no knowledge of mime at all.
You will learn:
- Basic of Mime Fundamentals. Preparation includes Tension - Release - Reverse - Curves.
- Principles of Pushing & Pulling Objects - The Rope - The Punt - The Wall.
- Understanding the aspect of Resistance - Different Qualities of objects.
- Knowledge of Mime Principles - Fixed Points - Fixed Space - Suspension - Robotics.
- Non-Verbal Communication - Using Breath to create different emotions.
- Qualities of Substance - Earth - Air - Water - Fire.
- Mime Walks - Slow Motion - Running - Walking on the Spot - Moon Walks.
- Using Music with Mime - working with Music in Performance.
- Apply Skills in Performance - A mini group Performance is worked on.
Enrol via the usual registration pathway by clicking this link.