The SLaM Recovery College team are pleased to offer you the latest update to the curriculum and timetable update for November and December 2022, incorporating our bespoke sessions for coping with winter and the upcoming festive season.
In the Course Descriptions pdf document below you will find the latest course information and timetable.
The Recovery College team are hosting a Christmas Celebration event on Monday 19th December, at ORTUS, the home of the Maudsley Charity in Camberwell. We hope you will join us to celebrate the achievements of our students and staff in 2022 and enjoy a festive morning or afternoon tea. If you would like to attend, please register your interest via the enrolment form: https://forms.office.com/r/ZJcg5UGWPK
The recovery college participated in the early development of World Health Organisations’ Quality Rights e-learning in mental health. This training is now available to all here: WHO QualityRights e-learning on Mental Health Training
To find out more about opportunities to take part in the exciting research about Recovery Colleges via the RECOLLECT-2 study, please go to this page: https://www.slamrecoverycollege.co.uk/news/archives/10-2022
With so much on offer over the next two months there’s something in the curriculum for everyone including:
- NEW!!! Exploring Medication: how can medication support your recovery?
- NEW!!! Internet Safety and Being Scam Smart with Digi-Mentors
- NEW!!! Coping with Winter and the Festive Season
- NEW!!! Wheel of Winter Wellbeing
- NEW!!! Coping with Loss at Christmas
- NEW!!! Motivation for the Holidays and New Year
- NEW!!! Can You Learn to be Happy?
- NEW!!! Mindfulness for the Festive Season
- NEW!!! Routines for Recovery: New Year, New Routines
- NEW!!! Understanding Anxiety During the Festive Season
- Finding the Off Switch: guided self-care (15mins breath work to help you switch off at the end of the day)
- News, Social Media and Mental Health
- Being An Ally
- Recovery Yoga 5 Week Course at Yoga Point in Brixton
- Recovery Choga (chair yoga)
- Introduction to Self-Compassion and Moving Towards Self-Compassion
- A wide range of Understanding Diagnosis and Treatment workshops such as Understanding Depression, Understanding Anxiety, Understanding Bipolar Disorder, Hearing Voices and Understanding Psychosis
If you would like to learn more about what is on offer at SLaM Recovery College, please visit our website www.slamrecoverycollege.co.uk ; email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call on 020 3228 3643. The office is staffed from Wednesday-Friday but we aim to respond to emails on the day we receive them.
The SLaM Recovery College Digital Inclusion project also continues Monday afternoons at ORTUS. If you or someone you support would like to use this service, please complete this form: forms.office.com/r/P687MZL4Q8
Please email email@example.com for more information about any student support needs.
We have changed our enrolment form: all current and new students please enol here: https://forms.office.com/r/ZJcg5UGWPK
The Team at SLaM Recovery College
SLaM Recovery College
South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation Trust
1st Floor Admin | Maudsley Hospital | Denmark Hill | London | SE5 8AZ
Recovery College Office Telephone: 020 3228 3643